It's time again for Fill In The Blanks Friday! I'm excited about today's prompts, but first I have a teensy little favor to ask...could you please, pretty pretty please click to vote me up on Picket Fence blogs? I would love to be able to get just enough traffic that I could do a few more giveaways, maybe once a month or so. Speaking of giveaways, I have a new one coming up that I will be posting this weekend. So, vote and check back! Thanks!
On to Fill in the Blanks!
1. The most spontaneous thing I've ever done... well, I'm not a completely spontaneous person, but I can tell you the most spontaneous act I've ever caused. It was New Years 2002, and I had plans to visit my BFF in New York for a week or so, and we found a great Bar off Times Square that was having a New Years night party for $40 and free drinks from 9-1. So in, and to make it more fun we decided at the last minute to invite some of our good friends (um, in North Carolina and Louisiana and elsewhere) to join us. My future husband and my best guy friend made the 9 hour trip by car to stay for two nights to party with us. Fun times, for sure.
2. The best gift I've ever received was... my son. No question. I'm sorry if it's a cliche, but he is truly a gift from God and I never imagined just how much life would hcange in the most wonderful ways once he arrived. For those of you that are pregnant and hearing everyone's horror stories about life in the future: don't listen! Every sacrifice made is worth it.
3. A time that I was truly and genuinely surprised was... I think I will have to come back to this one. I'm really having trouble thinking of something. I don't know if I am just unflappable or what, but I cannot think of an answer!
4. I can't leave the house without... my head. Even though half the time I feel like I do. I always leave a few extra diapers and wipes in the car, because I am that mom you see out at a restaurant without a bib or sippy cup for my son, because I just forgot to pack it in the diaper bag!
5. My favorite day of the week... Friday. This has changed over time. I used to work in retail and couldn't count on weekends off. Now, Friday is the night I come home without pressure to get the nighttime "routine" going, because we can all stay up a little late and sleep in a little in the morning. Friday is time to relax with my husband and son.
6. Something that can always make me laugh is... my silly, ridiculous hubby. Especially when he makes up new words to a song. He can get me laughing so hard it hurts!
7. My perfect day would include... a long lazy breakfast at our favorite place, some time at the park on a 70 degree day with the dog and baby, and somewhere in there a 90 minute hot stone massage.